Tips on Finding the Lowest Airfare!
- Plan your trip as early as you can shop hundreds of airfares online across your favorite website. The airlines will discount fares 7, 14 and/or 21 days out to induce travelers to make reservations.
- Flying midweek usually costs less. Book your departing flight on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and you will probably get the lower fare than booking on a weekend.
- Plan to stay over Saturday night. Most low fares require that you stay over a Saturday and some just require that you stay a minimum for 3 to 4 days.
- Consider other airports in your surrounding area. When you find a better price to another nearby airport, also consider how far that airport is in drive time to your final destination.
- Try an earlier or later travel date. Sometimes fares vary dramatically between one day and another. If you can be flexible with your schedule, you will save money.